Stomach ache is considered a fairly common issue which has different levels of discomfort as well as associated symptoms.
What causes a Stomach Ache?
Several factors commonly trigger stomach ache which are constipation, indigestion, and overeating, heartburn, gas, infection of the stomach and lactose intolerance. Also, there are couples of severe factors such as gall stones, hernia, ulcer, appendicitis, and urinary tract infection. If you have a stomach ache, it will be hard for you to focus on things. It does not matter which reason the stomach ache comes from; you will always want it to finish quickly.
How to Get Rid of a Stomach Ache
Here are the top 10 recommended tips for how to get rid of stomach ache which is easy for you to apply immediately to cure stomach ache quickly and stop any discomfort.
With anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, ginger is considered the best ingredient for how to get rid of a stomach ache as it can help you manage the digestion. Furthermore, it can control the development of free radicals together stimulate digestive juices and balance the stomach acids.
- Slice a ginger root with medium size and then put into some water and boil.
- After about 3 minutes, bring down to simmering for about 5 more minutes.
- Then take it out and strain as well as put in some honey.
- Ingest slowly for 2 – 3 times per day.
In case you are having a stomach ache from indigestion, then fennel is the ideal solution due to the antimicrobial, pain-reducing, diuretic and carminative effects. Also, fennel can even help you alleviate such problems as bloating and gas.
- Put a tsp of crushed seeds of fennel into some hot water and steep for about 10 minutes. After that, let it cool down and then strain. Put in some honey and ingest slowly.
- Also, you might put 1 – 1 ½ tsp of fennel seeds into your mouth to chew after having meals.
- 3. Asafetida – How to Get Rid of a Stomach Ache
Also called hing, this herb possesses the antiflatulent and antispasmodic effects that make a significant ingredient for how to get rid of a stomach ache triggered by indigestion or gas.
- Put some asafetida into some warm water and mix then ingest for 2 – 3 times per day. Also, you might put in some rock salt.
- You can put a tsp of asafetida into some warm water and use the cotton cloth to soak that solution then put it in the stomach for about 15 minutes. Practice couples of time per day.
Besides treating stomach ache, this herb also possesses another brilliant effect which can cure colic in babies effectively. If you like to know more about asafetida and how it can stop colic in babies, please read here: Home Remedies for Colic.
The excellent capability of chamomile in alleviating stomach ache as well as easing the muscles of the digestive tract is the reason why chamomile is regarded as an ideal solution for how to get rid of a stomach ache caused by indigestion. Furthermore, it even has such effects as sedative, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Put a tsp of dried chamomile into some water and boil.
- After steeping for about 15 minutes, have it strained and put in some honey or lemon juice for improving the taste.
- Ingest the tea slowly for 2 – 3 times per day.
5. Lemon and Baking Soda
As the alkaline, baking soda is capable of balancing the pH in your body as well as combating against infections which is significant for alleviating stomach ache together with gas and bloating. For lemon, the high content of vitamin C which is a strong antioxidant can help you eliminate free radicals and detoxify your body.
Therefore, this combination is considered a brilliant solution for how to get rid of a stomach ache.
- Put some lemon juice, a tsp of baking soda and a bit of salt into some warm water.
- Ingest that mixture quickly.
- Practice 3 times per day.
Note: Avoid applying this method in case you are having high blood pressure as well as low-sodium diet.
With antispasmodic effect, peppermint can excellently ease the muscles of digestive tract, thus help you obtain relieve pain triggered gas. Moreover, peppermint can even support you in improving the process of digestion which makes it the perfect solution for how to get rid of stomach ache.
You can ingest 2 – 3 cups of peppermint tea. To prepare the tea, put a tsp of dried peppermint into some water and boil. After steeping for about 10 minutes, have it strained and put in some honey. Enjoy slowly the tea.
Also, you can put some fresh leaves of peppermint into your mouth and chew for relieving.
Mint is excellent which treat both internal problem such as stomach ache as well as external problem like black eye effectively. If you like to know more about peppermint and how it can heal black eye, you can find it here: How to Get Rid of a Black Eye.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another ingredient that you can use right away in case you are looking for how to get rid of a stomach ache that is caused by indigestion or gas is apple cider vinegar which contains antibiotic nature.
- This ingredient can even boost up your digestion as well as ease your stomach.
- Put a tbsp of apple cider vinegar into some warm water.
- Put in a tbsp of honey.
- Ingest that solution for every couple of hour until the pain is subsided.
Besides stomach ache, there is another common problem that you might all encounter rather frequently which is oral thrush. However, you can treat both of them efficiently with just this ingredient – apple cider vinegar. For more information about oral thrush and how to use apple cider vinegar for the treatment, please read here: Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
With abundance of live cultures or positive bacteria, yogurt is the most suggested ingredient for how to get rid of a stomach ache which is triggered by indigestion.
- Put 2 tbsps of plain yogurt with a bit of salt into some water.
- Put in 3 tsps of coriander juice.
- Then put in ½ tsp of powder from cardamom.
- Ingest that mixture after having meals.
- Also, you might ingest some unsweetened plain yogurt for couples of time per day.
With the use of yogurt, women will also no longer need to concern about the problem of vaginal odor. For more information regarding yogurt and its effects against vaginal odor, please read here: How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor.
9. Rice Water
You need to note that you should only ingest bland food in case you are having a stomach ache, and one of the best bland foods for how to get rid of a stomach ache is rice water. It can work as the demulcent which can help you alleviate inflammation in the stomach lining as well as decrease the pain.
- Put ½ cup of washed rice into some boiling water and cook without covering.
- After the rice is tender, have the water strained out and let it cool down.
- Put in that water ½ tsp of honey.
- Ingest slowly that rice water for twice every day.
- Also, you might ingest some rice together with yogurt.
10. Warm Compress
That last method for how to get rid of a stomach ache is just the simple warm compress. However, this simple method is extremely effective as it encourages circulation as well as accelerates the process of digestion. The quicker the foods are digested, the faster the pain is gone.
- Put either hot bottle of water or a heating pad onto the stomach for about 10 minutes. For best effect, practice this method while lying down for couples of time per day.
- Also take warm shower or bath for about 15 minutes in twice per day.
In case you are suffering stomach ache for over 3 days together with headache and fever, you need to have the doctor advised right away.