Congratulations, you have done shed some weight maybe a lot. It is a victory because all of us know how tough it is to do that. I joined the gym and left it within two months. I don’t even know how I dragged myself of those two months, which is why I say, you have done a great job. But there is a twist, right? Instead of having a chiseled body and carved looks, your body has loose and uneven skin. To support our argument, we have added the intel from a dermatologist as well, Christine Choi Kim, MD, says that “Our skin is a living organ, and it adapts to weight gain by expanding or stretching,” She further added that “It has a limited ability to tighten once that weight is lost, and this depends on a number of factors.”
But don’t be disheartened, there is a way to deal with this issue. Don’t freak out. If you have made it till here, you can go on a little further as well. Don’t give up just yet. I know you can make it.
How to identify if the area is fat or loose skin?
People often get confused between this and keep on working out without analyzing what it is. So, in order to identify the nature of it, you can try pinching the area, if you can grab more than few millimeters, then it is fat and not loose skin. If you have that, then it means that you have more work to do.
To ease this process, we have made a list of ways you can cut down those loose flaps. To know more, please read ahead.
You can opt for surgery, but that is not advisable as it has the following short and long-term side-effects.
- Acid reflux
- Chronic nausea and vomiting
- Anesthesia-related risks
- Inability to eat certain foods
- Obstruction of stomach
- Dilation of esophagus
- Obstruction of stomach
- Weight gain (now that is a bummer)
- or even failing to lose weight (the whole purpose is negated)
These were only the short-term risks, now let us focus on some long-term problem a person can face,
- Dumping syndrome which is a condition that can lead to symptoms like nausea and dizziness (this can be tough to handle)
- Low blood sugar
- Bowel obstruction
We are not trying to influence anyone’s decision just stating the facts.
If you want to go natural, you will have to work on your skin elasticity. Once your skin loses elasticity that is its ability to expand and shrink as required–it can’t return to its proper size. There could be any reason for it. One of the main reasons this happens is due to age, but it can even afflict younger people as well. It can be enhanced by the following ways.
- By stop smoking. Well, everybody knows that smoking is not good for health. It damages every aspect of our body. In this case, it directly affects our skin. To get your proof, we even added a study from researchers at the International Association of Ecologic Dermatology. The researchers analyzed the skin of 64 female Italian smokers for the presence of things like lines, elasticity, brightness, pigmentation state and texture. The results that were obtained in the initial assessment revealed that the average biological age of study participants was 9 years which is older than their chronological age. After a period of 9 months of not smoking, however, the average reduction in the biological age of the skin was 13 years. As you can see, how drastically, smoking effects.
- By eating protein. Proteins are helpful in day to day bodily functions, when the body is supplied with it in ample amount it works more efficiently. A research found out that higher intakes of fruits and vegetables are associated with healthier, better-looking skin.
- Fish oil. It may sound gross but it has the ability to do wonders on your skin elasticity.
- You can even try gelatin. A study has proved that supplementing with 250 mg of gelatin per day considerably improved skin elasticity. Although getting gelatin in your diet can be a little tough unless you relish eating oxtail, short ribs, and chicken feet.
Thanks for reading this article. If you have any help then comment below.