Scar tissue is a beauty issue which is fairly common. It is the tissue which replaces your normal skin when there are damages that impact the skin beyond the outer layer.
There are some factors which can make your skin incur scar tissue such as cuts and scrapes, burns, bites, fungal infection or acne or even surgery. In medical term, scar tissue has the same tissue similar to healthy skin. However, it is the arrangement of the fiber that makes it look different comparing to normal skin. This problem brings no pain, but many people concern about it as it affects their beauty rather dramatically.
How to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Here are the top 10 most recommended tips for how to get rid of scar tissue that you can use to make the scar tissue fade and restore your normal skin.
1. Coconut Oil
The most recommended ingredient for how to get rid of scar tissue is none other than coconut oil. The antioxidants from its medium-chain fatty acids are excellent at protecting and restoring the damage from free radical. Moreover, it can improve the production of collagen as well as the softness of skin to accelerate the healing.
- Put a tsp of coconut oil (extra-virgin) into microwave for warming up.
- Put that warm coconut oil onto the scar tissue and massage gently using circular strokes.
- Practice couples of time every day.
Coconut oil is always effective against all kinds of skin damage from the outer layer of skin to even the surface inside your mouth (oral thrush). If you want to know more about the effectiveness of coconut oil and how it can treat oral thrush, you can find it here: Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
2. Aloe Vera
The moisturizing and soothing effects from Aloe Vera can help you improve the elasticity as well as alleviate the inflammation in scar tissue. Furthermore, it can support your skin regeneration as well as help improve the scar’s appearance and size. That is why Aloe Vera is a highly regarded ingredient for how to get rid of scar tissue.
- Take out some gel from an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Put the gel onto the scar tissue and gently massage for couples of minute.
- After the gel dried out, wash it off using warm water.
- Practice couples of time per day in 1 – 2 months.
- Not only good at treating scar tissue, Aloe Vera can help you get rid of another skin issue which is blemishes rather efficiently. You can find out more about blemishes and how to use Aloe Vera for the treatment here: How to Get Rid of Blemishes.
3. Vitamin E
This brilliant antioxidant possesses moisturizing effect which is excellent at nourishing and revitalizing skin. It can assist you in stimulating collagen formation that is essential for the strength and texture of the skin. No wonder why vitamin E is the most efficient tip for how to get rid of scar tissue.
Take out the liquid inside the capsule of vitamin E and put onto the scar for 2 – 3 times per day in couples of week. Also you might as well use the cream of vitamin E.
You can also have more foods which are rich of vitamin E such as hazelnuts, almonds, safflower oil or peanut butter.
4. Lemon Juice
The AHA or alpha hydroxyl acids from lemon is extremely effective at eliminating dead cells on skin as well as repairing and regenerating the skin which incurs damage. Additionally, it is also the natural bleach; therefore, it can make your scars lighten rather efficiently. With so many positive effects, lemon is the simplest yet effective ingredient for how to get rid of scar tissue.
- Put some fresh juice from lemon onto the scar tissue.
- Keep it on for about 10 minutes and let it dry before cleansing off and then have the skin dried.
- Finish with some moisturizer.
- Practice twice every day for couples of week.
Note: Because lemon will make the skin become more sensitive against light, make sure to put on sunscreen before going out.
There is another beauty concern that most of women worry about which is stretch marks. However, with the use of lemon, you will no longer need to concern about stretch marks anymore. For more information regarding stretch marks and its treatment with lemon, please read here: Home Remedies for Stretch Marks.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
With acidic nature, you cannot leave apple cider vinegar out of the essential tips for how to get rid of scar tissue as it can incredibly exfoliate skin and eliminate dead skin, thus the appearance of your scar tissue will be greatly improved.
- Put the cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and then put onto the scar tissue.
- Keep it on for about 15 minutes before cleansing off using water.
- Finish with some moisturizing lotion.
- Practice couples of time every day for several weeks.
Note: In case your skin incurs irritation from using apple cider vinegar, you should have the vinegar diluted before applying.
Apple cider vinegar is a brilliant ingredient for beautification because it not only can help you fade scar tissue but also help you get rid of body odor, especially vaginal odor for women. If you want to know more about the problem of vaginal odor and how apple cider vinegar can help you with this issue, you can find it here: How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor.
6. Lavender Oil
Another essential oil from the recommended tips for how to get rid of scar tissue is lavender oil. The skin-cell rejuvenating effect of this oil can help you treat both keloid scars and scar tissue as it can improve the turnover rate of skin cell which is excellent at preventing permanent scars.
- Put some drops of lavender oil onto the scar tissue. Then gently massage using circular strokes for about 15 minutes.
- Also, you can put some lavender oil together with olive oil and put the mixed oil onto the scar tissue. Then gently massage for couples of minute.
- Practice those methods above for twice every day in couples of week.
Honey can be considered as an ideal solution for how to get rid of scar tissue as it can remarkably improve the regeneration of tissue while preventing the excessive growth of collagen as well as the accumulation of dead skin.
Put some raw honey onto the scar tissue and massage for about 10 minutes. Keep it on for an hour before washing off using warm water. Practice twice every day for couples of a week. Also, you can put 2 tbsps of raw honey with a tbsp of baking soda together and mix to create a paste. Put the paste onto the scar tissue and massage for 2 – 3 minutes. After that, put onto the scar tissue a hot cloth. When the cloth is cool, use it to cleanse off the area. Practice 3 – 4 times per day in couples of the month.
8. Cocoa Butter
Being the moisturizing agent which contains vitamin E, cocoa butter is the perfect solution for how to get rid of scar tissue as it can help you moisturize deeper layers of skin as well as repair your skin.
- Use a wet cloth to rub onto the scar tissue and then dry out that area.
- Put some cocoa butter onto the scar tissue and massage using firm circular strokes.
- Practice 3 times per day in couples of week.
9. Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood Powder – How to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
With skin-regenerating effects, sandalwood powder is also a considerable ingredient for how to get rid of scar tissue due to its capability in lightening and reduce scars.
- Put a tbsp of powder from sandalwood into some rose water to create a paste.
- Put the paste onto the scar tissue before bedtime.
- Next morning, cleanse off using warm water.
- Practice every day in 1 – 2 months.
10. Tea Tree Oil
The last tip for how to get rid of scar tissue is using tea tree oil which has excellent skin-healing and scar-removing effects. Also, you will need to dilute this oil before applying because of its strong concentration.
- Put 2 drops of tea tree oil into a tsp of either almond or olive oil. Put the mixed oil onto the scar tissue and keep it on for couples of hour before cleaning off. Practice once every day for couples of a week.
- Also, you can put 2 – 3 drops of tea tree oil into half a cup of warm water. Use that solution to cleanse the scar tissue twice every day for couples of week.
- You might as well use the soap with tea tree oil in the ingredients to wash the scar tissue.