In today’s time, in the fast running world, headache is a very common thing, and it could happen to people every second day due to many factors. Continuous pain in the head is known as a headache. Frequent headaches can affect a person dearly with his personal life and professional life. It can cause relationship troubles and also, employment problems. In some of the cases, severe headaches lead to depression, a state where nobody wants to be in. Here in this article, we are going to share some of the easiest ways to Get Rid of a Headache and best Home Remedies to remove Headache in Home.
In the present day, about half the adults suffer from frequent headaches annually. The most common type of a headache is a tension headache which affects over 21.5% of the population, and that is, over 1.6 billion people. Second most common are a migraine which covers about 11.7% of the population, and that is, about 848 million people.
How to Get Rid of a Headache – Best Home Remedies
In today’s world, there are many deadlier diseases and medical conditions one suffers from, and we don’t want ourselves to be tensed from a headache. This time, we’ll discuss the causes of headaches, types of headaches and how one can cure those headaches.
There are many causes of headaches which include exposure to loud noise, stress, fatigue, sleep deprivation, chilled beverages, effects of medications, dental and sinus issues, head injury, rapid ingestion, common colds and viral infections. here are more than a couple hundred types of headaches, some are harmless while some can take one’s life.
PRIMARY VS SECONDARY HEADACHES
Headaches are classified into two broad categories, namely Primary headaches and Secondary headaches. Primary headaches are benign in nature, and they can occur frequently. For example, tension headaches and migraine are a part of primary headaches and cause significant pain to the person, but they are not dangerous. Secondary, on the other hand, are dangerous to one’s. These are caused by head injuries, tumor, infection, etc.
About 90% of the headaches are Primary headaches which occur mainly at the age of 20 to 40 years. The most common types of primary headaches are migraines and tension-type headaches. There are other very rare primary headaches, and these include:
- Cluster Headaches: – They last for a short period, of about 20 minutes, of severe pain around the eye which occurs at the same time everyday.
- Trigerminal neuralgia: – This is a shooting pain in one’s face.
- Primary Cough Pain: – This is when the headache starts after coughing or sneezing or anything that creates pressure on the head and lasts for several minutes.
- Primary Exertional Headache: – This lasts for 5 minutes to 24 hours and starts during or after the exercise. These can be prevented by avoiding vigorous exercises.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HEADACHES
Some people are not comfortable with taking pills to treat headaches whereas there are natural ways with which one can treat his or her headache instead of using pills to cure your headache. These include:-
1) Magnesium headache – Magnesium is one of the best ways to cure a headache because, it is far more safe than taking a pain killer and people suffering from migraines have lower levels of magnesium in their body, and thus, magnesium may result in a reduction in migraines in people with lower levels of magnesium.
Taking 200–600 mg of magnesium a day can reduce the frequency of headache attacks. Both oral and intravenous magnesium is available everywhere which is, safe and are affordable.
Eating more fiber can lead to an increase in the level of magnesium in the body. Dietary sources of magnesium include beans, whole grains, nuts and vegetables like broccoli, and leafy greens. Dairy products, meats, chocolate, and coffee also include decent levels of magnesium.
2) Resting – The best way to treat a headache is to have proper and adequate rest and have a sound sleep in a noise free place. This will release a stress and cure headache after some time.
3) Stretching – When you’re sitting or are in the same position for a longer time, this leads to body tension and causes a headache. An easy way to avoid this is to take breaks after every 15-20 minutes when you’re in the same posture and move your neck and head in a circular motion. This will relieve stress and prevent headaches and can cure one too.
4) Detox headache – To reduce tension, a detox bath could be taken too.
Add a cup of baking soda to hot bath water. Baking soda kills bacteria, leaves your skin cleansed and smooth, and minimizes skin irritability, making it a useful product.
Add essential oil to your bath water.
Two cups of Apple Cider Vinegar ( ACV) are to be added to hot bath water. The ACV draws excess uric acid out of the body, and it provides joint pain and a headache.
5) Stay Hydrated – The better way to prevent a headache is to stay hydrated throughout the day. Some nutrients which could be added to a diet include cucumbers, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, eggplant, watermelon, green peppers, strawberries, oranges, grapefruit. These will keep a person hydrated and thus, will prevent headaches.
6) Lavender and Peppermint Oils – Lavender oil is used commonly as a mood stabilizer. These are most effective way to treat a migraine. Take a few drops of lavender oil and in your hands and rub it or forehead, temples and back of your neck.
Peppermint oil leaves a cooling effect on the skin. This increases skin blood flow of forehead and thus reduces headache sensitivity.
7) Pressure Points headache – There are four pressure points for a headache on your feet one on the hand that when stimulated can help give you some headache and migraine relief.
First massage the area between the big toe and your second toe. The toe which is to be massaged should be opposite to a tea headache. There is helpful another point near the outer edge of the top of the foot, located where the bones of the pinky toe and the second to last toe intersect. Press and hold this point for 30 to 50 seconds to relieve headaches. Finally, you can stimulate the tops of the big toes, under the toenail to the base of the toe, to relieve headache pain located in the face, such as in the sinuses. Do not stimulate these points if you are pregnant.
These are the ways which would help a person cure the headaches without consuming any painkillers, and this will cure a headache pretty quickly. Hope you liked this article on How to Get Rid of a Headache and Best Home Remedies.